2007年4月15日星期日

Busy April

I am so tired because of work. Our department enters the peak season this April. I have to work over time every night till after 11 p.m. that I have to call a taxi home. It was already midnight when I arrived home.

Besides handing clerical work, I have to unpack dozens of cartons of samples every day for checking quality, packaging and all details then, pass them to QC department for lab testing. The samples are so dirty. I can hardly know how come the tree skirts, hanging ornaments and additional materials for lab testing can be so oily, dusty and sticky, that made me and my colleague sneeze and itchy. Every time we finished checking the samples, we became 'black hands gang'.

Also, I have to type over 400 pieces of purchasing orders before 23rd April. However, about 70 pieces are still on hold by the US buyer that I can do nothing... (my team have to handle a double number of items than other teams) Then we are required to split each item on purchasing orders into 16 break-flows that include 16 ports, ship dates, in-store date, quantity, and else. Our manager tells us to finish within 2 weeks, but we cannot, because the buyer changes the details every day so we have to retype every day. We are so angry and one of the merchandisers said she would send the buyer a virus email if she changes the break-flow again.

That's why our department have to work overtime every night till very late... why the manager does not require us to work on Saturday (we are 5-day work), because then they have to give us compensation leave instead of taxi fees (we have no OT paid).

The merchandiser said we have to OT till after 11 p.m. the whole April...

It's really tiresome to work OT every night. One of the assistants said when she first came to work she had to OT till after midnight for a successive 3-month two years ago, that means I am luckier. That's why she can handle all stuff by herself relaxingly now.

沒有留言: