2007年1月24日星期三

My Japanese Pen-Pal came to Hong Kong (1)

In the afternoon of Saturday 6th Jan 2007, I received an email from my Japanese Pen-pal Kaori, who is currently working in Sri Lanka. She is coming to Hong Kong, she is already on the plane! It is really thrilling! In the evening I received her call that she was staying in a guesthouse at Chung King Building. How did she find these guesthouses?

After confirmed with Kaori the meeting place (Tsim Sha Tsui MTR A1 entrance) and time (noon) of next day, I started my planning. Kaori is different from other Japanese girls I know, she is not crazy about LV, Gucci, Burberry, etc. On the contrary, she loves to visit historical places, temples and churches, to see real life of various cultures.

Therefore, after we met up the next day, I firstly took them to lunch. I planned to take them to Canton restaurant for our wan ton and tea with milk, but H wanted to have tea at Chinese restaurant and Kaori wanted something not greasy, so we went to Kung Tak Lam at One Peking Road for lunch. The table was opposite to the sea, the view could be the best if there was no smog. Kaori and H ordered Sichuan noodles with peppery sauce, Shanghai cold wan ton, Shanghai dumplings (in steaming basket), fried green onion pancake, steamed barbecued pork bun and egg tart with puff pastry crust. The Sichuan noodles was with peanut sauce instead of peppery sauce (vegetarian does not eat spicy food), so I who do not eat spicy food can have it; cold wan ton was nothing like Cantonese wan ton and was not tasty; the stuffing for dumplings was so loose… then I remembered the stuffing was not pork but vegetable; egg tart with puff pastry crust, well, I never liked eating the puff pastry crust; fried green onion pancake was not greasy, what it used seemed not green onion (vegetarian does not eat green onion), but it was still tasty; steamed barbecued pork bun is always my favourite, it was small and delicious.

The quality of the lunch was average. 5 dishes of dim sum, 1 noodle plus 3 tea cost almost $200, but luckily, I presented my HSBC credit card which gave us a discount of 15% off, so the net payment was $166. This lunch was not cheap yet. Probably we ate with the sea? The food of Ka Choi Seafood Restaurant located at Sam Shing Estate where my family and I normally go are tastier. 4 to 5 dishes of dim sum for 3 with tea only cost $50 to $60.

沒有留言: