2007年1月16日星期二

Charlie Brown Café

I went to a Charlie Brown Café one evening for my friends' gathering. I had been longed for visiting there since I knew its existence, because I am a fans of SNOOPY. You can see how excited I was.
It is a chic and lovely café with French windows, comfortable sofa, decorated with characters of PEANUTS everywhere: Charlie Brown, Lucy Van Pelt, Peppermint Patty, Linus Van Pelt, Marcie, Sally Brown, Woodstock, etc., and my all time favourite SNOOPY! The Pilot Snoopy is undoubtedly the smartest. We can also watch the Snoopy cartoons playing continuously at the middle of the café.

Though it is a café, there are not many choices. Well, we still have ordered some drinks:-
Charlie Mocha – its introduction mentioned 'double espresso' that made me gave up but my friend said it was much better then the 'S-bucks';
Linus Latte – I was attracted by its mug on the menu but it came out a paper cup. Well, there was nothing special except it kept me awake from sleep till after 5am.

Besides, these were the food we ordered:-
Carbonara – clams, mushroom and cheese with fettuccine, quite okay;
Rye bread with chicken salad – came out White bread… didn't the cashier knows English?
Charlie's Pasta Pizza – it was special, but wrapped spaghetti inside was not a good idea… too tough and hard, difficult to be cut by knife;
Charlie's Drumsticks – small but tasty, served with potato and apple salad

Also desserts:-
Charlie's Angels – looked at the presentation, we thought it was same as the soft and layered cake (probably Angle Cake) we had in the UK, but it was far from it, we were so disappointed;
Charlie's Waffle – molded with 4 characters, but I can only remember Charlie Brown and Snoopy, 'oh sorry Snoopy, I have to cut you and eat you…'
There are a few types of merchandise of Snoopy and Woodstock such as mugs, plush toys, badges and key rings at the shop, but I did not buy any… I had to stay away, otherwise I would have gone crazy.

It was a nice visit and I think I will visit there again, just have a cup of cappuccino and sandwiches~ and enjoy sitting with Snoopy.

Originally posted at http://gertie-yunis.blogspirit.com/ on 21st Dec, 2006

沒有留言: