2007年8月25日星期六

A ride on Highways

9 months after I get my driving license, I finally jumped on a private car and had a ride on Highways at a rainy night. It was a Golden access driving course (just squeezed out a few hours before deadline). I drove from Yuen Long driving school, got on the "circular" Highway to Tolo Harbour, passed through Shing Mun Tunnel, Tuen Mun Highway and back to driving school by Yuen Long Highway. Total 73 km.

When I marked the schedule a month ago (sunny for a whole month) I thought it would be great to drive at night (no sunshine, since I apply a plaster on face I have to hide away from sunshine, otherwise my face will be red and swollen like Spiderman) and it would be perfect if it rains (learn the skills), I thought it would not happen but it did.

The second day, I drove from driving school to the airport (overcast & wet weather) which I can drive up to 110 kmph on North Lantau Highway! Though I had driven 70 mph the same speed here in the UK (on A40 which learner can go, not a higher speed M40), I felt great! Total 99 km.
There was a funny thing that the first time I drove through a paid tunnel, I got to pay toll, but I did not drive closer to the little tollbooth, my palm could not reach the officer's fingers, even though I was nearly stood up (cannot… cos my foot was on the break, it's a auto, not a manual car) I cried out "my arm is too short~" then the lady officer stretched out her whole right arm to catch my toll which was nearly dropped onto the ground. She might think I am a little idiot. The tutor teased me for that...the next time I paid tolls, I was smarter.

Do you think driving a manual van cool? It is! I can drive a manual van, but the seat does not fit my short legs; so I choose an auto private car this time, it's more comfortable that no more hand break and gears, my hands only need to control the steering; no clutch up clutch down, my left foot can rest all the way.

沒有留言: